Tonight, your little ones will be running around the neighborhood collecting more candy than they'll know what to do with which can only mean one thing, you're going to have A LOT of leftover candy. Before you throw 2 bags-worth away, check out a few ways to reuse your leftover candy and keep your kids happy beyond Halloween.
12 Things to Do with Leftover Candy
- Freeze them!
- Bake leftover chocolates & peanut butter cups into the middle of small cakes or cupcakes.
- Pair it with a nice glass of wine.
- Mix M&M's or raisins into your trail mix.
- Use it for holiday decor like gingerbread houses.
- Bring it to the office - trust us, your coworkers will love you.
- Melt caramel and cover apples with them.
- Use as toppings for ice cream sundae's.
- Create a fun science experiment - try placing Pop Rocks into a bottle of soda!
- Mix Skittles and corn starch for DIY watercolor paint.
- Send your candy oversea's. Organizations like Operation Gratitude will happily take your leftovers.
- Eat it?! Come on, we know you want to.
Want an even better (more adult way) to enjoy candy? Check out the below slideshow!